All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Yup. I'm a big tough man.

I became so frustrated and pissed off at work tonight that I had to go outside and cry. Just like John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and Clint Eastwood. Went outside, smoked a cigarette and had myself a cry.

I don't know why, but for some reason, tonight I took shit personally. Normally, when things get stupid, I'm able to let shit roll off of me. I'm able to shield myself emotionally. Tonight, however, I took things personally.

I know I've mentioned it before, but, I am an emotional sponge. I can pick up vibes like no other. Drop me into a city, and I can blend in. I catch a feel for the overlying mood of a locale and can match my mood. I don't know if it's a gift or what, but I'm able to do it. I respond in kind. If you are sarcastic, I am sarcastic. If you overreact, I overreact. It's a shield for me. I throw back what is thrown at me. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's bad, but it's what I do.

Things at work tonight were less than ideal. I was put into a situation, and tried my best to solve a problem. I admit that I did not keep my cool, but I was in a purely reactive mode. I tried to solve the problem with the information I was given, and, it wasn't the right solution.

I have only walked off of a job twice, including tonight. Both times, I came back.

I minored in Theatre in college. This has really gotten me nowhere in life, but I did learn things from it. One of the biggest things I learned was from Stanislavsky: "Don't come on stage with mud on your shoes." In other words, leave your shit at home. Don't bring personal stuff into work. No one wants to deal with your shit. Using this adage, I think that, even if your own life is shitty, don't make the lives of others the same way.

Some may dispute it, but I did walk away from work tonight. I gave up a section at the restaurant. "I'm done with the party," were my exact words. I was completely willing to walk away from my part of the tips, simply because $35 was not worth the frustration. I don't like being yelled at for things that are not only not part of my job, but completely out of my control. It was not my fault that we did not physically possess 35 plates of one size, so don't yell at me when we don't have them. I don't care that certain parties were lacking sleep. That's no cause to start calling employees idiots.

And, for some reason, I took it personally.

I have a BA in Mass Communications. I am not a stupid person. For the most part, anyway. I suck at math, but I am brilliant with language. I've read "A Brief History of Time" . Give me all the information to solve the problem, and, odds are, I'll solve it. Don't yell at me when you've given me incomplete information.

Blah blah blah. I went outside and cried at work. I'm a big tough man.




Comments by: YACCS