All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Monday, October 04, 2004
Holy crap.

The Pixies were AMAZING. Yeah, Black Francis put on some pounds. Yeah, Kim Deal was on the other side of the stage from me, so I couldn't fully bask in her glory. But, holy crap. Joey Santiago is so damned cool that he doesn't even have to hold his guitar to play a solo! But, these damned kids today -- they don't know how to pogo to save their lives. Seriously -- when you hear "U-Mass", it's only reflex to jump up and down while screaming "It's educational!" You hear me, you whippersnappers? Move when you are being rawked! Cut up that rug, dammit! It's the freaking Pixies, for the love of Pete! Pogo, thrash about wildly, just do SOMETHING!

---

Know how to make friends? Tell a gal at a party that a band sucks. Then, find out that her husband is in that band. Then find out that she thinks the same thing. That's how you do it.

---

I've been doing a lot of networking lately. By networking, I mean hanging out in bars. And, it's been quite successful. I'm meeting all sorts of people in bands, all sorts of people who know people who could potentially help me become a recording engineer. I'll need a bigger beer budget, however.

I've also been getting "fans". I often sing Shithook karaoke on Thursdays. Many people have told me that I was great the previous week. One guy, swear to God, said I was his new rock hero. Going out and doing stuff is fun as hell. Still no girly action, however. This will come eventually. I hope.






Comments by: YACCS