All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Sunday, August 17, 2003
Don't know why, but for some reason the handy-dandy-thing that lets me know if I have comments on my entries is broken. So, I've not been neglecting you, Crass and Dad -- just unaware that anyone felt compelled to comment on my dropping of the science.
---
Found a new favorite Punk Anthem. It's by Lars Frederiksen and The Bastards. For those of you what don't know, Lars is the guitarist for Rancid. For those of you what don't know Rancid, well, there's not much I can do. The song is called "Skunx", and I found it on Give 'Em The Boot III, a Hellcat Records comp. (That's one thing I dig about punk labels -- they actually make comps, and then sell them for like $5 a pop. Fat Wreck Chords does it with their Fat Music for Fat People comps, Epitaph does it with their Punk-O-Rama comps -- there's a level of customer satisfaction that you just don't find with a major label.)

You should adopt an appropriate punkrawk snarl at this point.

In '82 I was the young one in the bunch.
Initiation started and it ended in a punch.
As I got older I got scars to prove my worth.
More times than others I fell face-first in the dirt.

Woah-ho-ho, can't you see?
You'll never take the gang out of me!
Woah-ho-ho, can't you see?
You'll never take the gang out of me!

Didn't matter how back I was,
I got nosed up to the front.
Preyed on the weakend soldiers
who couldn't take the hunt.

Like Julius Caesar
with a Bowie knife stuck in his back,
I stood so proud and tall,
and I won't go out like that

*chorus*

With all the kids before
I cut down with my axe,
I stood atop this world
alone without a scratch.

With another victory
I passed right under the sun.
My war was over,
but a new one has begun.

*chorus*


Good stuff, but I don't know if I'm gonna change any blog titles. (It's also better when you hear it.)

---

Hit the local Movie Gallery® the other day and picked up Adaptation. I was really, really digging it. I like Charlie Kaufmann's work, and I've been a fan of Spike Jonze for years. Being John Malkovich was wonderful. So are the videos for Sabotage by The Beastie Boys, It's Oh So Quiet by Björk, and Undone by Weezer.

So, anyway, I'm watching it, and I'm relating a little too well to the Charlie character. Missing hints, not taking advantage of clear "GO!" signals, fearing a loss of creativity -- you know, the stuff that causes depression. I need to make some changes, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and I think I've been missing lots of stuff. I think. Anyway, the DVD was scratched, and I wasn't able to complete it. No spoilers, please.

---

Preacherman has one heck of a flamewar going on on his site re: gay unions.

My take is this: I'm no OT expert, but it seems to me that the bulk of the, to quote the "wonderful" "Reverend" Fred "Phred" Phelps, "God Hates Fags" argument comes from Leviticus. Now, as I understand it, there's a lot of stuff in the OT, not just Leviticus, that Christians don't apply to their day-to-day lives. We wear cotton/poly blends, rather than garments made from one fabric, we don't eat Kosher, we don't stone our neighbors who don't observe the Sabbath, and we don't execute witches. My question is this: Who decided what rules in the OT still applied to Christianity, and how did they go about doing so?

I understand the reason that we no longer offer blood sacrifices to God, as Christ did that for Christians. I sort of understand why we no longer eat Kosher, as sanitation techniques, advances in agriculture and refrigeration has made such dietary restrictions dumb. So, why is it that we no longer sell our daughters into slavery, yet still frown upon homosexuality?

Arguments have already been made regarding married heterosexuals who don't produce children and all that fun stuff. I don't know that I'm going to throw my hat into the ring just yet, but, well, my take is above.

By the way, I fucking hate Fred Phelps. I am confident that he will burn in Hell.




Comments by: YACCS