All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Tuesday, June 10, 2003
Continuing my list of Songs Handed Down by the Gawd of Rawk:

-- "Paradise City" by Guns 'n' Roses
-- "Curvee" by Bongwater Taffy
-- "Everybody to the Limit" by Strong Bad
-- "Ball and Chain" by Social Distortion

I'm pretty sure that Fairly Crass is the only one here with a big ol' boner for Social Distortion (I mean, I have a boner for them, but, Fairly Crass has like a ninja-size boner for them.) I heard "Ball and Chain" for the first time in YEARS the other day. Sweet mother of mercy, what an amazing song.

Well, it's been 10 years and a thousand tears,
and look at the mess I'm in:
A broken nose and a broken heart,
an empty bottle of gin.

So, I sit and I pray in my broken-down Chevrolet.
Well, I'm singing to myself
"There's got to be another way."

Take away,
take away,
take away this ball and chain.
I'm lonely and I'm tired,
and I can't take anymore pain.
Take away,
take away,
never to return again.
Take away,
take away,
take awaaay-ay-hey-hey-hey,
take away this ball and chain.

Well, I've searched, and I've searched
to find a perfect life.
A brand new car and a brand new suit --
I even got me a little wife.
But whereever I have gone, I was sure to find myself there.
You can run all your life
but not go anywhere.

.Take away,
take away,
take away this ball and chain.
I'm sick and I'm tired,
and I can't take anymore pain.
Take away,
take away,
never to return again.
Take away,
take away,
take awaaay-ay-hey-hey-hey,
take away this ball and chain.

(boner-inducing guitar solo)

Well, I passed a bar on the way to my dingy hotel room.
I spent all my money; I been drinkin' since half past noon.
Will I wake there in the morning, or maybe in the county jail?
Times are hard, getting harder.
I'm born to lose, and destined to fail.

Take away,
take away,
take away this ball and chain.
I'm lonely and I'm tired,
and I can't take anymore pain.
Take away,
take away,
never to return again.
Take away,
take away,
take awaaay-ay-hey-hey-hey,
take away this ball and chain.


This is much different than, say, "Bring tha Noize" by Public Enemy with Anthrax. Or "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot. Or "Born in '69" by Rocket From The Crypt. All kick-ass songs to be sure, but, not HANDED DOWN BY THE GAWD OF RAWK.

Can you tell that the "Got De-hired from My Job Blues" has been around for a while? Well, if not, let me just say that they have. Wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it go!

OK, not a song. Another crap one-act.

A Crap One-Act Play


By Grant Bennett



Dramatis Personae:
Chad Spencer: Human male; bon vivant
RawkStah: Human male, mal vivant

Setting: A salon straight out of gay Paree, full of foppish dandies and philosophers

Chad Spencer: So, Monsieur RawkStah, I am given to understand that you are now without gainful employment. C'est vrai?

RawkStah: Oui, c'est vrai, je regrette. Mon travail à KNIM est fini.

CS: So, what will you do now?

RS: Je ne sais pas.

CS: Well, are you going to get the fuck out of Maryville?

RS: I don't know.

CS: You've hated Maryville for years. You hate living in Missouri. Why not get the hell out of Dodge?

RS: I may hate it, but at least I know it.








Comments by: YACCS