All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Tuesday, December 31, 2002
It's December 31. On December 25, you are supposed to say "Foom, foom, foom". I don't know why. I did, but I didn't win Powerball. Of course, I also didn't buy a ticket. I don't know if you're supposed to say anything strange on December 31 or not.

If it's not been made apparent in previous posts, I am a tremendous dork. Well, actually, I'm about average size, but my Bennett has arrived. A Bennett is what, apparently, males in my family get. A good-sized belly. I'm not a fatty, but I do have a gut. Yay.

So, back to my dorkosity -- I saw The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers on national break. I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate II: The Shadows of Amn, which uses the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rules. Now, I never played AD&D with dice and pencils. My game was Rifts, put out by Palladium games. I've played nearly every Final Fantasy game, including the ones for GameBoy. I'm a Star Wars fan. Moreso than average.

Currently, I'm reading the "New Jedi Order" series of books. To fill you in, here's the scoop:

The series is set 25 years after Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Han Solo and Princess Leia Organa got married (duh). They have 3 kids: the twins Jacen and Jaina, and their youngest, Anakin. Luke Skywalker is married as well, to a woman named Mara Jade. Mara used to be a Dark Jedi, serving as the Emperor's Hand. See, Palpatine never did just one of anything. That's why there were 2 Death Stars. Now, having Darth Vader wasn't enough for Palpatine, so he had another strong Jedi -- Mara. After the Emperor (apparently) died on the second Death Star, the Empire fell pretty quickly. Mara had no focus in her life, and she blamed Luke for this. So, she decided to kill him. Of course, they fell in love and got married. Luke has spent his time trying to figure out how to make a new Jedi academy, and has been fairly successful. Then, all of a sudden, invaders from another galaxy show up and start making problems for the New Republic (which is what Leia made) and the Jedi. The invaders are called the Yuuzhan Vong. They're religious fundamentalists. Life is pain, according to their gods. So, the Vong undergo ritual mutilation. Technology is an abomination, so all of their tools are alive -- their clothing, their armor, their weapons, their spacecraft, everything they have is alive. And, here's the kicker -- they don't exist in The Force.

Now, I'm kind of pissed off at the authors. First off, they killed Chewbacca in the first book. Wookies are tough, but when a moon crashes into the planet that you're standing on, well, even Wookies die. Secondly, they killed Anakin Solo, just when he was a) really starting to kick a lot of ass, and b) just when he fell in love with a girl. Lousy heartbreak. And, in the last one I read, it's apparent that the authors have read the Dune series, and took a LOT of cues from God Emperor of Dune which will make your head hurt, dispite the cool-ass title.

Big ol' dork -- that's me.




Comments by: YACCS