All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Wednesday, March 20, 2002
Ugh.

I feel like ass.

Actually, I feel less like ass than I did earlier today. If yer new here, I take Paxil. Now, Paxil is non-habit forming. I agree with that. I don't get Paxil-fits in the middle of the day. Take my li'l pink pill in the morning, and I'm set. But, lemme tell you that WITHDRAWL IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!

Here's the situation: My doctor got her own practice in St. Joseph, Missouri, which is about 40 miles south of Maryville (where I am). I noticed that my supply was dwindling big and bad, so I called her office and left a message. Apparently she was on vacation or something, because I didn't get a reply until like 2 days later, when I was out of meds. Time for another evaluation, which meant that I had to go to St. Joe.

I hate St. Joe. It's a town that tried to be big, but somewhere along the line something went drastically wrong, and now it's stuck. It has big-city style infrastructure (overpasses, docks, etc.) but not the economy to back it up. The town is laid out like something that would happen when I play SimCity. Districts laid out with no rhyme or reason, confusing street signs, a lack of right angles, I hate driving there. But, I went there tonight.

Yesterday, withdrawl hit. UGH! I was numb all over. But, not like a good-old drunk numb. No, this was more like a not-quite-pins-and-needles feeling centered around my face and teeth. My arms would do strange twitchy things. I couldn't get comfortable. I had even more trouble than usual sitting still. I was dizzy. It felt loads like the flu. And I had to drive to a town I hate with the withdrawl.

Surprisingly enough, I made it and only had to make 2 u-turns. I would have only needed to make one if business parks would put addresses in visible places. Saw doc, took meds, ate food and came back. WITHOUT FUCKED UP SIDETRIPS! YAHOO!

I maintain to this day that I have never been lost. I have just seen things that weren't on my agenda. I'm an Eagle Scout, I'm pretty sure that I can make it back to where I came from. I might be hella late, but I'll get there. I might have to ask for directions, but I'll get there.

I am terrible with directions. I don't know the whole north-south-east-west thing unless I can see the stars. I need left-right, landmarks and street signs. "Turn left at the second gas station, and go to the bottom of the hill," things like that. I can get to places, but I can't tell you how to get to them. I'm nutty like that.

I think I'm gonna watch a movie now. I have a buncha choices: Rollerball, Alphaville, Fight Club, Phantom Menace or some Kurosawa that I can't remember the title of, but it got an Oscar. I'll let you know how it turns out.






Comments by: YACCS