All I know is that I don't know.
All I know is that I don't know nuthin'.



Links and whatnot

Blogs and Friends
Preacherman
Johnny Payphone
Mr. Nosuch
Teresa Strickland
radiohodgepodge
Just Cheap Dirt
xpurple
Fairly Crass
Babble Book
Staircase Wit
Pezman
Jack Jackson's Dirty Pictures 2000
Jgrrl's LJ
lfirebrand

Funny, yet true
The Onion
Modern Humorist
Something Awful
X-Entertainment
Seanbaby
What's Better?
Homestar Runner
Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog
Get Your War On
Maakies
A Softer World

News and stuff
Plastic
Google News

Movies
IMDb
Roger Ebert
Cinema Confidential
Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Art
Pitchfork
They Might Be Giants
Bongwater Taffy
Rate Your Music
Rocket From The Crypt
The All Music Guide
2.13.61 Publishing
Tha Friendly Gangstaz Committee
The Wooster Collective
Star City Scene
OLGA
The Terminals
oh my god
The Zyklon Bees
Strawberry Burns
Lone Prairie Records
eagle*seagull

Genuinely Useful Stuff
The Straight Dope
Adbusters
SpamCop
Pandamail
h2g2
Download.com
Analog X
The Free World
Pilonidal.org



Oral Sex Donations Accepted

Mail me
AIM: RawkStah
My Profile
My MySpace Space



HOME

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Get Firefox!
Wednesday, October 31, 2001
Happy Hallowe'en, everyone! Unless you're reading this after October 31, in which case, either accept the fond wishes belatedly, or merely update them to be appropriate to the closest holiday.

More reading has been done by me. I read at work, cuz, man alive, being a DJ for 6 hours a day gets boring. Want a list? OK.

Books I've Read In The Past Few Weeks

  • Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

  • Harry Potter and The Secret Chamber

  • Childhood's End

  • Rendezvous with Rama

  • Watership Down

  • Just started reading Rama II




I wouldn't say that I'm a big sci-fi geek, but I do like a good yarn in that genre. I'm really selective, however. Clarke has not disappointed me yet. Of course, I'm biased because he co-wrote 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I have no doubts whatsoever that there is life beyond our solar system, and probably within our solar system. I'd bet money on Europa. Not intelligent life, mind you. Just life.

"Either life exists elsewhere in the universe, or it doesn't. Either prospect is stunning." -- some guy who's smarter than me, and probably dead.

I would be more shocked if life didn't exist. Think about it. From a God-centered point of view, that notion is almost offensive. "Hey -- lookit me! I'm God! I'm gonna make stuff. There's some light, and some world, and some life, and an assload of space. Yup, my job is done." Seriously -- why would God create life on just one world? Doesn't say a whole lot about His power. From a non-God-centered view, there's an assload of space. We know that there are other planets., we know that there are other stars. It doesn't make sense to surmise that there isn't life out there. So what if we've not recieved contact? Laws of physics must be obeyed. It may likely be centuries before we have 'first contact' via radio

But it will happen.






Comments by: YACCS